Invest in your future
An investment in a gap year is an investment in your future success. At Discover Year, our goal is to make our program as accessible as possible so students of all socioeconomic levels can benefit from a purposeful gap year.
Discover Year is a certified Canadian post-secondary program. Program fees are RESP-eligible and can be claimed as a tuition tax credit, reducing the effective cost to Canadian students and families.
Tuition Fees Breakdown
The total Discover Year tuition for the 2024-25 year is CAD $9,400.
This cost covers the following:
- 200+ hours of hands-on, experiential learning
- 10-day intensive orientation programming
- 75 crucial skills workshops
- 34 panel discussions with professionals from diverse fields
- 20 networking and social events
- 18 field trips / exploration days
- 16 one-on-one coaching sessions with a personal coach
- 15 group coaching sessions
- 100+ diverse mentors who make themselves available to students for networking and learning opportunities
Sample Student Budget Breakdown
In an effort to make Discover Year as accessible as possible to all students, the program includes two work terms to help students self-fund their gap year and even save money for their post-secondary studies.
The following is an example of total expenses and income that students could expect for their Discover Year:
- Salary from two five-month work terms = approx. $18,000 (based on $15/hour x 30 hours/week)*
- Tuition = $9,400
- Travel period = approx. $3,500 (based on an $1,500 flight + $1,500 accommodation + $500 preparation and equipment)*
NET INCOME = $5,100 in savings
*The above figures are estimates only and presume that students are living at home during their Discover Year. Cost of living fees are not reflected. Actual salaries and travel costs will vary depending on each student’s skill level, motivation and interests.
Hear from students and their parents
“This program absolutely surpassed what I imagined. It was everything I had expected and much more. My children have gone from teenagers to adults. They have found self-assurance.”
“Discover Year is the best thing our daughter could have done at this stage of her life! It has been a truly transformative experience for her. I highly recommend it to any young adult who needs space to find themselves.”
“In Grade 12, I didn’t know what I wanted out of my future. I was aimlessly following the paths that people around me were suggesting. Thanks to Discover Year, I now feel like I’m in control because I know what direction I want to take with my future.”